As you may know from our Mudroom and Pantry update, we have completely reworked the floor plan of both rooms and are in the midst of painting the ceiling, walls, trim and windows (read our painting diy tips here). Next step on our journey to completing these rooms is the locker area for our mudroom! Here is our mudroom mood board we have put together to help you visualize the final look!
After scouring photos in Pinterest, Houzz and Instagram, we have decided on a direction we would like to go! The photo that stuck out the most to us is the one pictured above in the moodboard.
Here are some details we are hoping to include:
- We are loving the dark navy color and have fallen in love with Benjamin Moore ‘Hale Navy’. A bonus is that this dark color will hide all the scuff marks from shoes, bags and coats knocking up against the lockers.
- We want to warm up the space with brass accents and think they will pop against the dark paint color! We love the classic look of these hooks and plan on having two in each ‘locker’. We are also going to incorporate three beautiful globe lights that will be strategically placed above the locker area.
- We plan on installing vertical shiplap on the back wall that will create a more finished, custom look.
- Instead of painting the bench, we plan on staining the wood a rich, warm tone. We think this will help brighten the whole area.
- These baskets will be beneath the bench and will be used to store all our shoes and (hopefully) keep them out of sight!
Now, take all of those details listed above and envision them in this space:
We are so excited to get this project started and hope you like the look of the mudroom mood board! It is going to look so good – eeeek!